- Mr .Prashant Kaul is a former Executive Director, NHPC,India (A premier Hydro generating company of Govt.of India).He has superannuated in April 2020.
- He started his career in NHPC as Engineer (Electrical) in 1984 and has put in about 36 years of service in NHPC. He holds a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engg. from NIT and MBA (Finance) from IMT,Ghaziabad,India.
- He headed NHPCs prestigious 231 MW Chamera 3 underground power station as General Manager in the state of Himachal Pradesh for a period of about 5 years. This project is having 15.99 Km long Head Race Tunnel and underground Power House. He was instrumental in Commissioning of this Project and successful operation thereafter for which he received International recognization.
- Mr. Kaul is considered as authority in Tariff , Commercial and legal matters of Hydropower development in India.
- He has been a regular speaker at the International Conferences on Hydropower in USA and Europe .